These muffins are so super easy to make it’s almost a phone in. As a matter of fact, I whipped up a dozen pretty fast this morning for Tall & Handsome who had caught a bug of some kind Mother’s Day night and carried it over to the next day which happened to be his birthday. So, I spent that time administering TLC, which included – muffins!
One ingredient that helps this mix up quickly is baking mix like Bisquick. I must admit I’ve not used it often – I’ve always been a “from scratch” kind of gal, but just happened to have a fresh box on hand. I keep frozen blueberries and peaches in the freezer – so presto! Muffins in no time.
Blueberry-Pecan Sour Cream Muffins
2 cups baking mix (like Bisquick)
3/4 cup sugar
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup low fat sour cream
1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla flavoring
1 cup frozen or fresh blueberries
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
1 tablespoon packed light brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 12 cup muffin pan or line with foil liners. (You can also use a baking spray.)
- In a medium bowl combine baking mix and the 3/4 cup of sugar.
- In a small bowl combine the cup of low fat sour cream, 2 beaten eggs and vanilla flavoring,
- Pour into baking mix and stir until dry ingredients are just combined. Do not over mix.
- Fold in blueberries and pecans.
- Mix the 1 tablespoon of granulated sugar and 1 tablespoon of brown sugar together. Sprinkle over the top of the muffins.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes.
*Tip: you can purchase chopped pecans if you want to save even more time.
Inspired by a Taste of Home recipe.
© 2016 Beverly Hicks Burch All Rights Reserved.