The Easiest Brownie You’ll Ever Make, by Beverly Hicks Burch
The other day I wanted a homemade treat for some special young ladies who were coming for a visit.
What do you serve cute, adorable, smart young ladies and their equally beautiful and smart momma?
So thinking back to when I was a little girl (yes, I can think back THAT many years ago), I thought brownies. My menu I hoped was gear just for little ones:
- Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
- Chicken Noodle Soup
We’d had appetizers of hot cocoa and granola bars earlier.
I have so many recipes for brownies and might have shared this recipe before. This recipe is very much like my Aunt Korinne’s Fudge Pie recipe. Big difference – hers is baked in a pie plate and this is baked in a square pan.
This is one of the easiest brownie recipes you’ll ever run across. It’s a gooey brownie and will satisfy the chocoholic and sweet tooth of anyone.
I used my Mexican vanilla when I made this batch, but regular vanilla will work just fine. Just be sure to always use pure vanilla flavoring – not imitation. It really does make a difference and pure vanilla is one of my “secret” ingredients.
Another “secret” ingredient? Seeing the world through the eyes of a child…
The Easiest Brownie You’ll Ever Make
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 cup sugar
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup self-rising flour
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon pure vanilla flavoring – Mexican vanilla if you have it
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Prepare an 8 x 8 pan by either greasing and flouring it or by spraying it with a baking spray like Baker’s Joy. I use Baker’s Joy.
2. In a medium mixing bowl combine sugar and melted butter. Add the beaten eggs, one at a time and mix well with a mixer on medium speed. Mixture will begin to look creamy.
3. Combine flour, cocoa powder and kosher salt.
4. Add to the sugar mixture and combine until all dry ingredients are moist.
5. Stir in vanilla and chopped walnuts.
6. Pour into the prepared pan. Bake 25 to 30 minutes.
2014 Beverly Hicks Burch All Rights Reserved.