Even though it’s raining today and our temps are suppose to drop, it appears warmer weather is here to stay for the season. Change of seasons also usually change our appetite and craving for different types of food.
During warm weather I usually like lighter fare, fresh salads and lots of veggies. I would place grilled food on that list, but Tall & Handsome is a die-hard grill master and grills year round. I would have to say he grills a tad more in spring and summer.
Now, they say confession is good for the soul so here goes. I am not a chocoholic. Don’t get me wrong…I’ll eat chocolate but, caramel is more my liking and most fruit flavors rock!
Today is an extremely easy pie to whip up and it’s sooo yummy! On a hot day, there’s nothing as refreshing as a nice cold slice of this straight out of the freezer! Extra bonus is it’s fairly healthy, too. T & H gives it a his thumbs up and stamp of approval.
Frozen Strawberry Yogurt Pie with slice strawberries
3 – 5.3 oz. cartons of Oikos strawberry fruit on the bottom Greek yogurt
1 – 8 oz. Cool Whip (I use Lite Cool Whip)
1 extra large Keebler Graham Cracker Crust
1 – 2 drops red food coloring, optional
Fresh strawberries, slices and sweetened with sugar to taste or frozen sweetened strawberries, thawed
1. Open the yogurt and stir the fruit up from the bottom of the carton and combine with the yogurt.
2. Pour the three cartons of yogurt into a medium bowl.
3. Fold in Cool Whip. Combine well.
4. If desired, add a drop or two of red food coloring for a “pinker” color.
5. Pour into the graham cracker crust.
6. Freeze until the pie is frozen solid.
7. Serve sliced strawberries with a little of the juice over slices of the pie.
© 2013 Beverly Hicks Burch All Rights Reserved.