Saw this really tasty (and toasty considering how snow bound we all are at the moment) soup recipe at Taste of Home over on Facebook. I love Minestrone and it’s been a while since I’ve made a good pot of it. This one looks fast and easy!
As usual, I believe I would make a few changes…or do that infamous “Bev-izing” I do. Here’s how I would change it:
- use olive oil instead of canola oil for an authentic Italian taste and we know the healthy properties of olive oil
- use 3 cups of low sodium beef broth (or maybe half broth and half water and bouillon) instead of 3 cups of water and 3 beef bouillon cubes
- add a can of drained white beans – again for authenticity and protein
- add 1/2 teaspoon basil and 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- and then sprinkle a little Parmesan cheese on top for garnish
Follow the link above for the recipe…oh and I suggest warm garlic bread on the side…YUM!
© 2011 Beverly Hicks Burch All Rights Reserved.